Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thanks


ok, so there is this guy-- "a friend". And yes he really is a friend, I just put it in quotes because I hate how that term is used so loosely. Back on track, that's not what this post is about. My relationship with this guy is very different than any other as we have known each other for years now but it wasnt until after my separation/divorce with my husband that we attempted to be more than friends. Needless to say, it did not work out as planned for several reasons. And a part of me used to question why?, why does God keep putting non-compatible men in my life? You know coming out of a divorce and having a former life-time partner attempting to rip you apart daily made me very vulnerable and longing for male companionship. So once I realized that I wasn't getting this from him, I flipped, I was upset, angry, and pissed at him because he was not the RIGHT person I needed at that time. And of course, I was not shy about letting him know this whenever I got that feeling. I have to commend him because throughout all of my ups and downs, he remained sensitive to my emotions meaning he didn't lash back out at me EVER. Instead, he continued to be a support system and inspirational voice I needed to keep me afloat. I cant take full credit for my sanity through all of this. God does not put or remove people in your life for no reason, he has a reason for everything and it may or may not agree with your intentions but you have to trust in God. I can honestly say that without my friend in my life then things may have been a lot differently for me and not in a good way. He has truly been a coping mechanism for me that I never thought possible. His words of encouragement, positivity, and Godly teaching has impacted me for a lifetime and truly allowed me to view life in a totally different way. I can not thank him enough for being the right person at the right time.

1 comment:

Amber-Alert said...

i dont kno too many people who make the transition from friendship to relationship without it backfiring...just be thankful that the friendship wasnt ruined and that he is still in ur life...we all need those types of friends!!